Planning an Easter lunch? Here are our top five tips for throwing a casual gathering. Hop to it!
1. Easter is all about pastels. Set the table with pale and blush shades. Layer slight variations of pale hues and work in different textures to veer away from a boring tablescape. Begin with the tablecloth and work your way to the napkin ring.
2. Choose flowers that complement the pastel table pieces. Create small arrangements with variegated tulips and pink hyacinths, which also happen to signify that spring is in the air.
3. While flowers make for great centerpieces, throw in Easter eggs to the mix but paint them in metallic shades like gold, silver and copper for an unexpected twist on tradition. Use some as place card holders.
4. Create a special drink in a pastel hue like a lychee or rosé bellini.
5. Surprise your guests with petite baskets filled with an assortment of chocolate eggs and blue chicken eggs as party favors. Consider it as an adult version of an Easter Egg Hunt.
Hoping everyone has a Happy Easter!